The award is sponsored by Dr. Erhard Busek, former Vice-Chancellor of Austria, Jean Monnet Professor ad personam, President of the Institute for the Danube Region and Central Europe, Coordinator of the Southeast European Cooperative Initiative (SECI) and Former Special Coordinator of the Stability Pact for South Eastern Europe.
The deadline for applications is 31 July 2016, 12:00 Central European Time. All application materials must be received by email and registered post at the SEEMO office by the deadline.
The candidates must come from, work in or cover the following geographic area (SEEMO region):
Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Austria, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia (Republic of Macedonia / FYROM), Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Turkey, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
To nominate a candidate for the 2016 Dr. Erhard Busek-SEEMO Award for Better Understanding in South, Eastern and Central Europe, please send the following documents (in English):
1. Letter of nomination with basic details about the candidate and the reasons why you would like to nominate them
2. Curriculum Vitae of the candidate
3. Additional material: please include a list of the candidate's merits; information about the media outlet(s) that have published and/or broadcast the candidate's work; relevant material, including copies of articles, TV, video or radio material on a USB-stick.
Video, audio and print material in local languages should be accompanied by a short synopsis in English. If materials are available online, please send a document that lists the relevant links as supporting material. Additional materials MUST be sent as hard copies by registered post only, not by email.
Unfortunately, additional materials cannot be returned. Please make sure to send copies rather than original material.
4. Your contact information: name; address; cell phone, phone and fax number, email address
5. Candidate's contact information: name, address, phone number and email address
6. If you would like to nominate a media outlet, an organisation or an institution, please include details about the person who would accept the award on its behalf
7. If your nomination is supported by an organisation or a media outlet, please send us the name, email and phone of a contact person from the institution supporting your nomination and a short supporting letter
8. If your nomination is supported by an individual or individuals, please send us their details, contact information (email, phone) and a short supporting letter
Materials listed in points 1, 2 and 4-8 should be sent by both email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and by registered post to the SEEMO office in Vienna, Austria (address below). Documents and materials listed in point 3 should be sent ONLY by registered post to the SEEMO office in Vienna, Austria: